Saturday, November 26, 2011

Practicing acceptance


Almost every day I've had a new technical challenge on the blog site. At first, things flowed easily, but not lately. Time for me to surrender. Surrendering doesn't mean I'll stop writing posts. It just means I am willing to accept my circumstances. Because things aren't going the way I'd like them to, acceptance may seem like I'm giving up, but I'm not. Letting go feels delightfully peaceful. Holding tightly, drains me emotionally, physically and spiritually.

Are you feeling peaceful? Or is there something you're trying to make happen and it's not working out, yet you keep trying? The secret to recapturing your peace is to surrender and let it go. Things have a way of working out if we just get out of the way.

********

 Taken on a vacation trip back to where I grew up, Michigan. I knew the trip was going to be my last one there, but I'll never close the door on the sweeter memories of my childhood.

********

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.   
     Melody Beattie

                                                                                 ********


"I will practice acceptance in all my circumstances today"