Tuesday, September 11, 2012

New adventures

One of my very first drawings. Up til then, I didn't think I could
draw. Imagine my surprise when I made this little sketch.
 
****
 
We all have hidden talents. Trying new things is a way to discover them.
 
How many times have I denied myself pleasure because I didn't want to try something new?
Food is a good example. I grew up loving pizza, hot dogs, McDonald's...you got the picture.
My taste buds have changed drastically since then. But if I hadn't explored...I might still be
eating the same way. Today I love to eat healthy fresh food.
 
Another example is photography. I've always had a camera, but never really put much thought
 into photography. I just snapped pictures... My first awareness that taking photos could be
exciting happened one day when I was taking dragonfly pictures. For the first time, I felt a real connection with my subject (the dragonflies). It awakened something in me. Later, I saw how my camera had captured such incredible colors and details. So began my love affair with the camera.
 
****
 
My first dragonfly pictures.
 
*****
 
 You have to leave the city of your comfort
and go into the wilderness of your intuition.
What you'll discover will be wonderful.
What you'll discover is yourself.

~ Alan Alda ~

 
 
"Every day brings the opportunity for a new adventure"