Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Obsessive thinking

Love this one

Do you ever have obsessive thoughts? When the same thought plays over and over in your head and there's no quieting it? It seems to happen to me when I'm getting ready for bed. Just as I'm relaxing and drifting off to dream land, a thought pops in my mind. I try gently pushing it away, which only makes the thought more persistent. It's then followed up with a feeling of urgency that seems to have jumped into my body. Before I know it, this one thought is renting all the space in my head and my body is tense. So much for sleep, right ? The thought plays over and over and over... Fighting your thoughts only makes it worse. I've learned a little trick though. It's called "surrender". Surrender means to let go of worrying about changing the crazy thoughts and just accept that it happens. There's nothing else I need to do with it. And before I know it, it's time for morning coffee.

*********

Taken on one of my walks

Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow.”
Melody Beattie

*********

"I am peaceful"