Saturday, November 5, 2011

Happiness from an inside source


A few years ago, I wouldn't have believed I could be happy again. At that time, my source of happiness was my children. It wasn't until Jody died, leaving me with a big gaping hole in my life, that I realized I had cheated myself. It's okay that our children brings us joy. That's normal and healthy. But being dependent on them for our joy is co-dependency. I was definitely co-dependent..

Things are different now. Jody's death woke me up. As a result of working on myself, my happiness today comes from a source inside me.

                                                                             ************

Taken at a pond next to the library. Beauty is everywhere.

*******

A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams. John Barrymore



"I am responsible for my own happiness"