Can you think of something you really wanted to do, but fear got in the way?
That’s how I sometimes feel about doing the inner work.
It can be deeply challenging.
And somehow, at the same time, deeply rewarding.
Just when I thought I had learned how to love and care for my little girl, I discovered there was another layer.
She wasn’t only living in my memories.
She was still living in my nervous system.
And that has brought some new challenges.
I’m not going to say it’s fun.
Being in pain is never fun.
But once again, I believe that pain has something to teach me.
Perhaps this is another opportunity to meet my little girl with compassion instead of fear.
Another opportunity to teach her that she doesn’t have to be perfect.
That she doesn’t have to earn safety.
That she doesn’t have to be afraid of punishment.
I don’t know exactly where this journey is taking me.
I don’t have all the answers.
But I know something I’ve learned over and over again:
Fear may get loud.
Pain may get loud.
But in the end,
love always wins.
Love always wins
ReplyDelete