Thursday, August 13, 2026

The Dark Night of the Soul

 Some say

the dark night lasts only weeks.


Others,


months.


For me…


it has been years.


I am still walking through the night.


The old comforts are gone.


The signs I once searched for

no longer appear.


The certainty I once leaned upon

has become silence.


And yet…


something holy

is happening beneath the surface.


The darkness

does not mean

I have lost God.


Perhaps it means

God is teaching me

to trust beyond feelings.


Beyond certainty.


Beyond what my eyes can see.


Transformation

is slow..

Quiet.


Like roots growing

beneath frozen ground.


Old fears.


Old attachments.


Old identities.


One by one,

they loosen their grip.


Not because I force them to.


But because surrender

is doing its quiet work.


The silence

is not necessarily absence.


Perhaps it is another language.


One that cannot be heard

with my ears,


only with my soul.


Even the longest nights

have their rhythm.


A quiet knowing.


A single ray of light

finding its way


Perhaps the dark night

is not about losing God.


Perhaps it is about losing

the ways I expected

to find Him.


Until all that remains

is trust.


Simple.


Quiet.



No comments:

Post a Comment