Tuesday, September 1, 2026

A Place I’ve Never Been Before

 I sat with discomfort this morning.

I could feel my body shaking inside.

I was uncomfortable.


Very uncomfortable.


I had made a decision.


Fear was no longer going to run my life.


I expected fear to fight back.


Fear has been with me for a very long time, and I know it doesn’t give up easily.


But neither do I.


What I didn’t expect was what came next.


Restlessness.


I can find something to accomplish.


Something to create.


Something to look forward to.


I’ve always been able to give myself momentum.


But today, I felt restless.


And I realized something.


Restlessness can actually feel painful too. 


I think what I’m experiencing is bigger than restlessness.


I’m used to being motivated by doing.


Doing something gives me somewhere to go.


A craft gives me something to focus on.


A trip to the grocery store gives me a destination.


For most of my life, there has been something to do.


Something to fix.


Someone to help.


Something to accomplish.


And now I feel like I’ve landed somewhere I’ve never been before.


And I don’t like how it feels.


Maybe that’s because I’ve spent so much of my life knowing how to fill the space.


I know how to distract myself.


I know how to help someone else.


I know how to solve a problem.


But what do I do with space?

What do I do with uncertainty?


What do I do when there isn’t something that needs to be fixed right this minute?


I don’t know.


And I think that’s the part that is so uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment