After spending more than thirty years examining my life, including my childhood, I think it’s time to gently close the door.
I have looked at so much.
I have given love and attention to the places that needed it.
There may not be anything more I need to seek.
Perhaps the seeker in me is retiring.
Not because there is nothing left to learn, but because I no longer feel the need to keep searching for something that will explain everything or make everything better.
My attention is shifting from the past to the present.
Learning to notice what is here, receive what is here, and let today be enough.
I can honor the past without continuing to live there.
I can love the little girl without needing to keep searching for all the answers.
And perhaps I can simply turn toward what is in front of me.
Not knowing exactly what comes next.
Just being willing to meet it when it arrives.
No comments:
Post a Comment