Monday, September 28, 2026

The Turtle Wins the Race

 It has taken me many years to understand myself.

For example, I didn’t excel in school when I was younger. I found it difficult to sit through lectures, listen to someone talk, and absorb information that way.


For a long time, I thought there was something wrong with me.


Years later, when I went back to school, something surprising happened.


I did very well.


The teaching was different.


I now understand that I need more than words.


I need to take things in.


To experience them.


To make them my own.


I’ve also learned that, for me, less is often more.


I don’t need to take in everything at once.


I need time to absorb, reflect, and discover what something means to me.


I wasn’t incapable.


I simply learned differently.


Maybe I’ve been a turtle all along.


I may take my time.


I may need to stop and absorb what’s in front of me.


But given the right pace and the right environment, I can go farther than I ever imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment