Wednesday, September 23, 2026

New Beginnings

 It seems I’m moving back in a direction I haven’t been in for about fifty-five years.

I recently colored my hair back to its original color.


I had been blonde since I was fourteen.


But not anymore.


And somehow, it feels symbolic.


There have been other changes, too.


My weight has fluctuated quite a bit. I lost thirty pounds while eating a very restrictive diet because of my bladder issues. Before that, I had reached a size I had never been before.


But today, I stepped on the scale and realized I’m back to the weight that was once my original weight.


I find myself wondering about all of this.


Maybe this isn’t about going backward.


Maybe it’s about coming back to something more natural.


Something simpler.


Something that feels more like me.


I don’t know exactly what this new beginning will look like.


But I’m curious about the woman who is emerging.


And for the first time in a long time, I’m not trying to make her into anything.


I’m just watching her become.


When I look in the mirror, I see my authentic self. 


Probably the person I was trying to get away from for many years, but now it feels like home.

1 comment:

  1. I love this. I have to reimagine myself since the loss of my husband in March. It's been challenging, but I trust God to lead me on the right path. 5hsnk you for your insights Deb.

    ReplyDelete