Even though I’ve done an honest inventory on myself several times, that doesn’t necessarily mean I’ve completely let go of every mistake I’ve made.
I’ve spent years learning to forgive myself and others.
And yet, I find myself wondering:
Have I completely forgiven myself?
I’ve made a lot of mistakes in my life, especially when I was younger.
Poor choices that hurt me.
And choices that hurt other people.
As I live with this pain in my body, I sometimes wonder what it might be inviting me to look at.
Is there something I’m still holding onto unconsciously?
To be honest, I’ve turned over a lot of stones.
I’ve been willing to look at everything.
But perhaps there is still a part of me holding on.
I don’t need to know exactly what it is.
Maybe I can simply be willing to let go of whatever guilt, shame, or regret I may still be carrying.
Not because I was perfect.
But because I’ve spent enough years punishing myself for being human.
Perhaps it’s time to put the past down.
And let myself be free to move forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment