Friday, September 11, 2026

A Season to Surrender

 Today is the first day of September.

There was a tiny bit of coolness in the air—


just enough to remind me

that a new season is coming.


And perhaps this is my new season too.


A season of letting go.


Letting go of the past.


Letting go of the need to understand everything

that happened to me.


I know there are things I may never figure out.


And maybe I don’t need to.


I don’t need every answer

to heal.


What I need to do is stay close

to the little girl inside me.


To reassure her:


You are safe now.


You don’t have to live in the past anymore.


And I will always be here.


Maybe surrender isn’t forgetting what happened.


Maybe it’s simply deciding

that what happened then

doesn’t have to determine what happens now.


The past had its season.


Now a new one is beginning.


And I’m ready to let go

of what I can no longer change,


and gently walk into

what comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment