Monday, September 14, 2026

Firing the Pusher in Me

 When I think about all the years I have pushed my body, and the price I’ve paid time and time again, I’m not surprised that I find myself here again.

Another lesson in self-care.


Recently, I’ve been learning how closely connected that the nervous system is to the brain. I understand that what happens in my mind can affect my nervous system.


In other words, when I make poor decisions, it affects my nervous system. Overtime, the nervous system becomes very sensitive, which is where I’m at right now.


I thought I had become very mindful of these things.


I thought I knew how to listen to my body.


For years, I pushed through.


I kept going.


I took care of what needed to be taken care of.


I put my own needs somewhere down the list.


And my body kept the score.


Now I am being asked to listen differently.


Not when my body screams.


Before it has to.


I’m not willing to pay that price anymore.


This is not a lesson about how much I can endure.


Its is a lesson about how much I no longer need to endure.


And maybe, after all these years, self-care is finally becoming less about taking care of myself after the damage is done—


and more about loving myself enough to stop creating the damage in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment